Monday, September 26, 2011

Reflection of Peer Reviews

When we were asked to do peer reviews last week, I immediately went back to my high school experiences. I always hated peer reviews in high school, they were always boring and a waste of time I thought. However, when we did them last week in class my attitude changed towards them. The writing was more mature and much more enjoyable to read in this case. We were asked to also read our papers aloud to our fellow peer reviewer. I was't necessarily a fan of this but I understand why we did it. By hearing the person read their story aloud it gives the listener a chance to feel what the writer is trying to say, and in this case that was very helpful. Each peer reviewer was given a list of questions relating to the person's paper you just read. These questions made myself as a peer reviewer examine the paper much more in depth which is the main point of a peer review.

No comments:

Post a Comment