Sunday, October 2, 2011

Diversity and Multiculturalism

Although I have not attended Western Michigan University for a great length of time, I have most definitely learned a lot about the many different cultures and personalities I am surrounded by daily. When it comes to diversity and multiculturalism within this campus, I do not feel this University is lacking. Western strives to fulfill all cultures and backgrounds and has many groups and organizations within the University. From my personal perspective I have learned a great deal from the array of student's I am surrounded by in class and even around campus. Having diversity in an education system is vital. In the real world it is now a necessity to be able to succeed and be open to the many different opinions surrounding you. Some people may feel differently but the reason this country has become so dominant is mainly because of diversity and multiculturalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment